Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

B-Schools (1st round and EA)

As per the 1st round colleges, I have decided on 3 for sure and am still in a dilemma regarding the others

1) Duke (Early Admissions)
2) Tuck (EA)
3) Tepper (re-apply 1st rnd)

Regarding other colleges I'm still confused. Below is the list with the reasons

4) UCLA (just concerned regarding their mean GMAT score being on higher side, else a good choice)
5) Notre Dame (A good Backup School but not sure regarding the placement scene in my desired industry)
6) UNC (not much research)
7) Mccombs - Texas (Good Backup school and decent placement in Technology companies like Apple, MS, Dell but need to research)
8) Marshal - (Situated in California, but need to research)

As per now I have kept the list as it is. I have dropped mails to the current students/club presidents of all the listed colleges and am waiting for their feedback. Also discussing with my friends and my mentor about the same. Let's see how things develop and then I can modify the list accordingly

6 comments:

  1. Hello Rahul,
    Came across ur blog today...u have some good and interesting stuff here. We share a few common schools too.

    A question for you...applying to Tuck & Duke both in the EA, is that recommended? Isn't that a conflict of interest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cognitive Bias
    Glad to know that you found something valuable in my blog. As far as your question is concerned, I don't find any conflict of interest for myself. Since my score is not on a higher side and I have no plans to give GMAT again (as per now), I believe my best chances would be to apply in EA round. Also I have been researching on these two schools since 5 months and I believe I can prepare a good application by the time I apply in EA. It's all about what you want from a school and once you can find that in any, you can apply in any round.
    Further both schools are good for Gen mgmt and have an active alumni presence with good job opportunities in my desired industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes perfect sense.
    The conflict I mentioned was about applying to both in the EA. Duke will expect that you give up Tuck if they make an offer and vice versa. If you had to let go one of them it kind of beats the logic of applying in EA. Just my 2c.
    But I see you have a valid reason, might as well go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So where are you planning to apply? Started with the essays?

    ReplyDelete
  5. INSEAD, Tuck, Booth, NYU....these are on my list.
    I am way behind on my essays....probably too much of research. Hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good school selection. Not taking any backup school in mind?

    ReplyDelete